Hashtags turn words/phrases into clickable links which can be posted on social media. To make a hashtag a pound/hash sign symbol is used before a word (#Hashtag). When you click a hashtag, you will be able to see posts that includes that hashtag. By using hashtags in your post, you can get more insight to the people who haven’t seen your post.
Below are some of the points to keep in mind before using hashtags on your Facebook page:
- Hashtags are single words without any spacing.
- Hashtags can include numbers and characters but special characters and punctuation marks are not entertained.
- People can search for a topic they are interested in using a hashtag before the word in the Facebook search bar at the top of the page.
- Make your hashtags short and simple.
- Hashtags helps your posts to be explored.
- Use of hashtags in middle of the sentence, makes them difficult to be read.
Advantages of using hashtags for Facebook Marketing:
- Expand your reach: Nowadays hashtags are trending. People use it everywhere to connect the content with others. You can also create a unique URL for the hashtag on Facebook. You can even find out whether your hashtag makes any difference in your posts by examining your Reach and Engagement Numbers.
- Develop your brand: Create a unique brand hashtag and a brand hashtagline that will describe your business. Use your brand tagline as your signature tagline. Keep it short and simple so that you and your customers can use it anytime and anywhere on social media sites.
- Social platforms: By using hashtags you will be aware of the posts of same content across various social media platforms.
- Promote special events: Using hashtags is the best way to promote any special event. This is the prime way to create and participate in all compelling conversation, where you are not only sharing pictures but getting to know what others are saying.